No matter how the real estate market is performing, well-maintained and upgraded homes sell for more than similar homes that aren’t upgraded.
The challenge for a home seller is that not all upgrades are created equal, and it can be hard to know what upgrades and improvements are worth the investment.
When you combine strategic upgrades with home staging, you will create an atmosphere that will have buyers lining up to buy your home. Here are the ten high-value upgrades.
- Renovate the kitchen: A kitchen renovation is often a good investment because it can significantly increase the value of your home. This can include updating appliances, cabinets, countertops, and lighting.
- Add a bathroom: Adding an additional bathroom can be a great way to increase the value of your home, especially if you only have one or two bathrooms currently.
- Finish the basement: Finishing a basement can add additional living space to your home, which can increase its value. This can include adding a bedroom, bathroom, living room, or home theater.
- Update the flooring: Replacing old or damaged flooring with new, high-quality options such as hardwood or tile can increase the value of your home.
- Paint the interior: A fresh coat of paint can give your home a new and updated look, which can be appealing to potential buyers.
- Landscape the yard: Improving the curb appeal of your home with landscaping can increase its value. This can include adding trees, shrubs, flowers, and a well-manicured lawn.
- Install energy-efficient features: Energy-efficient features such as double-paned windows and Energy Star-rated appliances can save homeowners money on their utility bills and may increase the value of the home.
- Add a deck or patio: Adding an outdoor living space such as a deck or patio can be a great way to increase the value of your home.
- Update the roof: A new roof can be a costly investment, but it can also significantly increase the value of your home.
- Upgrade the heating and cooling system: Updating an old or inefficient heating and cooling system can make your home more comfortable and energy-efficient, which can increase its value.